Sunday, April 10, 2011

I tell you when something unexpected happens in our lives, we feel that the world is going to come to an end. I know I did in February.....I may not having everything in my life that I want. My life may not be how I pictured it 10 years ago. But I know that I am truly blessed by God. I have a wonderful husband who loves me. He is a wonderful caring Father. He works very hard to support our family. I feel blessed to having him as my husband. The last week of February Mac had a MANDATORY meeting at work. Lowe's had been talking about making some changes with there staffing. They were being very "hush hush" about it. Mac and I had talked about it for months. There were so many rumors that were going around work, about what direction the company was going to go. Mac even thought that they were going to drop the Assistant Managers down to hourly, but still have the same job(Just a pay cut). I told him I didn't think so....I mean why be so quiet and secretive about it all. All we knew was that it was going to be BIG. All the Store Managers had a meeting with the District Manager at the Goose Creek Store, which is Mac's store he worked at. What drew even bigger flags was that the Store Managers were told they had to leave as soon as the meeting was over. They could not walk the store or stay and "Chit Chat" with each other....(MAJOR RED FLAG) The Store Managers were also told that they could not report back to their store till 1 pm the next day....the time of the Mandatory meeting....I was on pins and needles the whole night and next day. I work for Lowe's as well. So I went into work that morning and had to wait till Mac went into work at 12pm, because he had to close....eeerrr(that is the normal, all he did was close). Mac told me not to call or text him that we would call me as soon as the meeting was over......I waited.....I was cleaning up at work getting ready to leave and go pick Myles up from school....my normal routine. I get a text message from Mac...."Call me"......I call him and of course he doesn't answer....I start getting frustrated and mad....why would he tell me to call him if he won't answer....I call his cell and he finally answers...."I'm at home, come pick me up". I am like "what do you mean your at home?" He was suppose to close, which meant he was suppose to be at work till at least 11pm....He tells me I just got laid off from work..... The few people who really know me, know that I FREAKED out!!!! I am a person who likes stuff planned out....In other words I don't like unexpected surprises...I over analysis and worry about everything....I pick Mac up to go pick up Myles. I am stressed already about it all....I got very frustrated with Mac.....Not because it was his fault...but if you knew my husband you would know why....Mac is very laid back person....He hides his stress very well with laughter and jokes....And at high stress moments it drives me crazy..(But I still love him).....As the weeks went on people at our church found out and offered to pray for us...Some friends even offered information about places that were hiring. Mac was very hopefully.....My mom even told Mac about this plumbing company , that was a supplier for her job, that was hiring a person. Mac doesn't know a whole lot about plumbing....He was a manager over plumbing...He didn't know the product that well, he just knew how to run a department. I know I am writing this way past the time this all occurred. Mac does have a job. He enjoyed spending time with our daughter Karlee. ( About a month) He got that job at the Plumbing and HVAC company. (Roberts Supply) I love the fact that it is Monday through Friday. He is home every night with us, and gets to go to church Wednesday night and Sundays with us. I want to thank God and all the wonderful people who were praying for us and helping us with information. I have learned a lot from this situation and another situation that a family from our church is going through. God has a reason for everything....He knows what each family needs. And what obstacles they can overcome or can handle. I need to just let God work. I need to put the problems that I have or worry about in Gods hands. Looking back now, I realize that it was a blessing that Mac got laid off. We now have family time....That is a blessing in it's self....Thank you God for watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment